Next Monday (September 3) is Labour Day, and while everyone enjoys a well-deserved day off, many businesses, institutions and services will be closed or disrupted for the occasion. It’s only one day, but it pays to be aware and plan ahead!
Here is a full list of what will be OPEN and CLOSED for Labour Day.
DISCLAIMER: it’s impossible for us to verify with each organization listed below if the information here is accurate. To create this list, we’ve used reliable, trustworthy sources such as tripsavvy.com to the best of our ability. However, it’s always a good idea to call ahead if you want to make sure something will be open!
OPEN on Labour Day, September 3, 2018
- Emergency services: 911, hospitals, etc.
- Public transit (reduced service – check schedules)
- Espace Pour la Vie (INCLUDING: Biodome, Botanical Gardens, Insectarium, Science Centre & Theatre and Planetarium)
- SAQ stores except those in malls that don’t have their doors on the street
- Public markets & Farmers’ markets
- Parking meters (SORRY!)
- Montreal Aquatic Complex at Parc Jean-Drapeau
- Many local sports facilities remain open, but with reduced schedules – call first to make sure!
- Most entertainment venues, including but not limited to: theatres, concert venues, cinemas, museums, and the Casino
- Pharmacies (reduced hours – call first)
- Small grocery stores (less than 4 037 square feet) and dépanneurs (reduced hours – call first)
CLOSED on Labour Day, September 3, 2018
- Banks and credit unions
- Public offices – including, the City of Montreal, Accès Montréal, Service Canada, Quebec provincial offices, courthouses, etc.
- Post Canada
- Shopping malls
- Large grocery stores (over 4 037 square feet)
- Most restaurants – especially since it’s a Monday… But if you really want to eat out, some will still be open! Try calling first.